Mobile Devices and Fire Hazards

I would just like to bring to your attention the dangers associated with mobile ‘phone chargers, etc. There was an incident that made the newspapers in December about a youngster who was woken when his bed caught fire. The fire was caused by a mobile ‘phone charger at the foot of his bed. Apparently, it is not uncommon for chargers to cause fires. A link to the article in the Daily Telegraph is below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/blackberry/9722046/Boy-burned-as-BlackBerry-phone-bursts-into-flames.html)

I guess the point is to be very careful about where and when your children charge their mobile ‘phones and other devices. It’s also worth getting into the habit of switching chargers off when they aren’t being used. Mobile ‘phone chargers use power even when they are not charging a ‘phone.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s